Re: Alum. flywheels - Datsun

To: "Lehinger" <Lehinger@fwi.com>,
Subject: Re: Alum. flywheels - Datsun
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 18:31:35 -0400
While aluminum flywheels are great for a race car, they're lousy for a
modified/stock street car. Several years ago I drove a 510 and a Z that had
aluminum flywheels and they shook like crazy as the flywheel was too light
to dampen the engine vibrations. You also needed a lot of revs to start them
from stop, even a modified Z engine. My neighbor had one in his MGB and
ripped it out as soon as he could.

A lightened steel flywheel is IMHO a much better alternative and cheaper.

Mike