Re: copper brake lines?

To: "Pamela Pepoy" <gppepoy@cybertrails.com>,
Subject: Re: copper brake lines?
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 18:23:52 -0400
I use copper lines and run rubber tubing wherever they may touch any metal
part and I secure them so they don't vibrate. I also double flare them -
carefully.

It's heavy wall copper tubing, not the thin wall stuff at Home Depot.

After 15 years so far so good and my brakes don't rust from all the rust in
the original steel lines.

FWIW, Stainless is impossible to double flare w/o using hardened steel
tools. Sure you'll do one or two w/your regular stuff but after that it
mushes all the points. Don't ask me how I know.

Mike