Re: 68 parts on a 67

To: "Taro Kusunose" <tkusunose@hotmail.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 68 parts on a 67
From: "roadster" <roadster@rcn.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 08:40:29 -0700
Taro,

Yes, many trim parts are different. Take the doors for instance. Different
door handles both outside and inside. If you swap fenders you will have
major problems with the fit with the doors and the upper rear corner of the
fender. Rear bumpers are different. Gas cap different. Tail light housings
different, although late model tail lights will fit the earlier models that
have a push-in light housing.

The engines have some differences. For example, earlier is a 3-main bearing,
while the later engine is a 5-main bearing crank. Also some differences with
metric and non-metric bolts.

roadster