68 parts on a 67

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: 68 parts on a 67
From: "Taro Kusunose" <tkusunose@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 06:40:15 PDT
In an effort to try to save money, I am considering buying a 68 1600 as a
parts car for my 67 1600's repair.  From what I have read, changes between
those years include the higher windshield, safety dash, and black dash trim.
  Is everything else (unrelated to those changes) interchangeable?  I'm
talking body panels, engine (or engine bits), trim pieces, etc.?  I read
somewhere in Rallye's catalog insert something to the effect that while the
parts may look the same between those years, they are in fact very
different.  True?  Although I might offend some of the purist restorers, I
personally have no problem with building a 67-68 "franken-car"!  Thanks.

Taro in Seattle, WA
67 1600