Re: Interior stuff ('69)

To: <sandhoff@csus.edu>
Subject: Re: Interior stuff ('69)
From: "Kyle Hagemann" <kwhcpa@addler.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 10:46:35 -0700
> Kyle writes:
> > I tried my best to patch my defroster ducts with (duhhh;-) duct
> > tape.  No dice, the thing is so thrashed it wont even stay put.
> > Are these available from our vendors, and/or does someone have
> > a decent used one they'd like to sell?
>
> Not long ago they were still available from the dealer.
> B7040-A3205, "duct - ventilator"

Thanks John!

> > The heater-control lever no longer levers the heater control.
>
> Two things to check: First, make sure the heater valve itself isn't
> stuck. Second, if the valve has been leaking at all, it probably
> dribbled water down the cable and rusted the steel cable inside the
> jacket. This freezes the cable. Good luck pulling it apart!
>
> I just rebuilt the valve and freed up the cable on my '69. I've now got
> a good valve and a kinda-working cable. I took pictures and hope to
> post a blow-by-blow on rebuilding the valve - it only takes two O-rings
> and a couple new screws!

Sorry, I wasn't awake when I typed that!  The cable is no longer attached
to the control lever.  Pretty lame of me not to be clear, sorry;-)  So
I'll need to get the levers out of there, probably redrill and/or otherwise
fix things up.  But Arrrgh! I can't figure out how to get those three levers
out.

Thanks-
Kyle
Datsuns up the wazoo