Interior stuff ('69)

To: "311" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Interior stuff ('69)
From: "Kyle Hagemann" <kwhcpa@addler.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 08:31:47 -0700
hi gang-

After getting my car on the road this weekend, I had to tackle
some of the interior stuff.  Ewww....;-)

I wound up removing the console entirely, and mounting the fan,
hazard, and choke switches to a piece of steel attached under the
dash.  I kinda like the 'new' look, a bit roomier inside.  I'm
not entirely satisfied yet, though.  I'm considering building a
console to hold the CD player (currently bolted to the console
attachment brackets).  Anyone have thoughts on this?

I tried my best to patch my defroster ducts with (duhhh;-) duct
tape.  No dice, the thing is so thrashed it wont even stay put.
Are these available from our vendors, and/or does someone have
a decent used one they'd like to sell?

The heater-control lever no longer levers the heater control.
With the console out of the way, I thought I'd be able to pull
those levers out for repair; but the harness is in the way.  How
does one extract those three levers?  Through the glovebox?

Thanks gang-

Kyle and the Toadster