Re: Nissan Eco-Vehicle spotted in S.F.

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Nissan Eco-Vehicle spotted in S.F.
From: SPL311RDST@aol.com
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 16:01:48 EDT
In a message dated 10/5/00 12:42:54 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
CalSpeed@aol.com writes:

> Its so exciting to be a spy!

We get that a lot around here - especially in the "winter" months - mystery
cars skipping around in the "full body bra" stealth thingy. The big auto
mfg's have their "secret test tracks" scattered about ther area - as a matter
of fact, Nissan's is about 50 mi SE of here in Casa Grande. I've driven past
the little sign, but ya can't go in. As I unsderstand it, they are VERY
protective of their track. Mark knows a guy who had a sailplane (glider)
emergency landing out there once - they whisked the guy off, and confiscated
his glider, telling him never to return !!! Fortunately the FAA has some
pretty tough int'l air reg's that allowed him to get it back. (gliders cost
WAY more than any silly old imported luxury sedan!). One of the others (can't
remember which) had their track out by Williams AFB - convenient as it was
"controlled air space" and no "spies" could get a peek at their doings - now,
the Base ain't what it used to be, and the test area moved elsewhere. I guess
you could call these the "Area 51 for cars!"

Laurie :-)
70 SPL311
69 SRL311
Chandler, AZ