Time to change the air filter!

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Time to change the air filter!
From: "Paul" <9laser3@bright.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 18:57:11 -0400
  Why is it my roadster gets new oil and filters every spring but I suddenly
realized on vacation last week that my '98 S10 had 55,000 miles on it and
still had the factory air cleaner in it?  Yuck!  The air box was full of
acorns, half eaten, thanks to all of the chipmunks that live under the front
porch.  And the air filter itself was at best 40% open.  I averaged almost
32 MPG on the trip last week.  I might have topped 35 with the new filter.
  Think about your other vehicles sometimes too.

Paul
OROC

Roadster content:  Got my brand new pre-smog distributor yesterday from CDM.
Looks too nice to put under the hood but the engine analyzer went nuts over
3000 RPMs when Chris wired it up to my 1600.  While a smog distributor can
be rebuilt to pre-smog specs for under $25 in parts, I think I had a bit of
a wobble in the shaft.  So when Dennis said they had brand new 7.5
distributors in stock at just a great price, I told my wife, .... well, ...
I asked my wife if, .... okay, I BEGGED my wife for an early Christmas
present (after I told CDM to ship one my way!).