Re: V8 conversion

To: <csp311@telia.com>
Subject: Re: V8 conversion
From: Sexmnypwr@aol.com
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 14:54:33 EDT
  Actually, the Buick 215/Rover 3.5L aluminum block V8 is only 318lbs.  I have
one that's going into a '66 Roadster as we speak.  Got it low enough to clear
the hood without cutting (1" clearance from the top of the carb to the
hood...i.e.custom air cleaner fabrication), but only have about 3" clearance on
each side (super tight) for the exhaust and have to move the steering shaft
too.  Rover 5spd tranny is the perfect length and comes up just a little longer
than the stock gearshift hole location.
  More as it gets closer to being driveable...going on a year now in
development...sigh.

  Stan Wada