Re: Gas over there

To: <RoadsteRob@aol.com>, <noji@snowman.med.umn.edu>,
Subject: Re: Gas over there
From: Marc Tyler <mtyler@hctc.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 19:04:57 -0500
RoadsteRob@aol.com wrote

>Roadster Content - Although my 260Z daily driver runs on unleaded, my
>roadsters (like many other 'classics' over here) run on Lead Replacement
>Petrol, and today I drove to work in my 2000 - A great sight at the gas
>station awaited - at a nearly empty forecourt (they'd run out of unleaded) I
>filled up with LRP alongside a beautiful Jag XK120 Roadster. Whilst I was
>pulling out of the station a concours gold 1940s Triumph 1800 Roadster
>pulled
>in - this is perhaps not typical of the state of affairs but this 'crisis'
>has sure brought out some nice machinery which we may not otherwise see on
>our roads.
  Hmm... Remember the scene in "Things to Come" with the Rolls being
drawn by horses? Is the Jag XK120 one of those boxy british cars?  ;-)

-Marc T.

Marc Tyler
TDROC
1970 1600 #SPL311-31016
1965 L-320 #L320 013642 (the misspent ute)
http://datsun_marc.tripod.com/cgi-bin/Datsun_homepage.html
Sisterdale TX