Re: 450 miles...

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 450 miles...
From: Ken Smart <Ken.Smart@tip.csiro.au>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 08:09:51 +1000
Michael,
Sounds like a good drive, How wet did you get driving in the rain for 50
miles? If you drive quick enough do you stay dry?

>I also did experience some "Pinging" in fifth gear when running hard up a
>hill at higher elevations.  Does this sound normal?  My car is tuned for sea
>level.

This sounds ok to me, I was told you can use this technique to set your
timing.
First you set it to spec then advance it a little bit at a time until you
experience some "Pinging" in top gear when running hard up a hill. This
means your timing is advanced as much as possible without causing "Pinging"
under normal driving conditions (without changing the type of fuel
etc..etc...) As Gary said you don't normally drive up hills hard in 5th.

>Get out and drive your car!  You only have a month or so left this year.
>Pics to be posted soon!

For those of us Downunder its only just begun.
Look forward to the pics, I really liked the pics of the fire station
P.S Sounds like your starter is not well.

Ken Smart
67.5 1600(sr20de)
Sydney Australia