Re: 5.60 - 14 tires

To: STAN CHERNOFF <az589@lafn.org>, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 5.60 - 14 tires
From: Thomas <csp311@telia.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 11:24:38 +0200
They started out at 100-profile but got lower with the evolution
of the tires. Many years ago, a tire manufacturers organisation
decided to do something about this so anything from 100 to 80
profile was normal profile and anything below 80 had to be in
the tire dimension. If everyone would measure an old spare tire
in 5.60-14 (no radials) you would come up with something close
to 24.5 inches as an average. Anything lower than 22.9 inches
would make it a low profile tire with 78 or lower aspect ratio.

Thomas