freeze plugs

To: "Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: freeze plugs
From: "Pam & Paul Bauman" <plhbauman@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 21:13:41 -0700
Pulled the last of the freeze plugs out of the bottom of the intake manifold
today, after much worrying about how hard it was to find replacements. Will
begin the great hunt tomorrow, if the server I'm working on behaves itself,
that is!

You might want to take a look at these the next time you remove the
manifold. They looked pretty good until I rapped on them with a screwdiver.
One of the large ones vaporized like it had been hit with a phaser! The
other two were in a little better shape, but the manifold is off now, so I'm
gonna replace 'em all.

Pardon me while I take that screwdriver to the block plugs, too!

Paul Bauman
Westminster, CA
67 1600
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=881168&a=6499541