Re: low windshield gauge question

To: PLETCH5@aol.com
Subject: Re: low windshield gauge question
From: B Strachan <bstrachan@home.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2000 14:52:56 -0700
I chucked mine up in a lathe and cut the can in two VERY CAREFULLY using
a parting tool and finishing with a hacksaw.  You have to be very
cautious when doing this as it would be easy to ruin the whole gage if
the tool catches in the can.  To reassemble, I soldered three little
tabs in the back end of the can and tapped them for #2-56 screws which
go through holes in the front end. Then wrapped a piece of packing tape
around the cut to keep the dust out.

I have been told that speedo shops can get them apart by straightening
out the crimped bezel.

Barrie
'66 2000
San Diego