Re: Brake squeek from hell

To: CarterCM@aol.com
Subject: Re: Brake squeek from hell
From: David Conrad <conrad1@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2000 11:14:27 -1000
When my 67-1/2 was new, within less than a year of its purchase, I was getting
*that* squeal which frightened pedestrians at crosswalks.  Mechanic at Von Hamm
Young (the  Honolulu Datsun dealer at that time) recommended that I apply
powdered graphite (the spray, lock type) to the disk/pads.  Lowered the
coefficient of friction for a while, reducing braking effectiveness, but when
braking returned to normal, the squeak was still gone, never to return.

Dave
'68 1600
Kailua-Kona