Re: Well I did it again... yet another cracked thermostat housing

To: Dan Neuman <dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu>
Subject: Re: Well I did it again... yet another cracked thermostat housing
From: noji <noji@snowman.med.umn.edu>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 09:46:58 -0700
Daniel,

The thermostat sits in a slot in the housing.  Because it sits sideways it has
the
potential to move out of position during the time that you insert the
thermostat and
secure the bolts.  Because everything is not flush you can get a lea and when
you
over tighten the bolts you can crack the housing.  You can use a little gasket
sealer
on the thermostat to prevent it moving out of position.

Dana