Re: speaking of gas

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, Stephan Sochoux <sochoux@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: speaking of gas
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 14:50:28 -0700
I always go with the big name stuff. Usually Shell, or Chevron. I stay
away from the mom&pop variety.

There were some times I had no choice and gassed up with mom&pop and my
cars ran terrible. My experience is that a lot of these places have
water and contaminants in their tanks, let alone inferior gasoline
blends. Check your gas filter after using it and you'll see.

Side note: it's been pointed out on the list that shelf life of gas
nowadays is real short, so I try to use up the gas within a few weeks so
I'm always using fresh gas. Some of these mom&pop places in the boonies
may not get resupplied often so the shelf life may be shorter.

Fred - So.SF, Calif.
$2.13/gal at my local Shell