Re: Alternator Success??

To: "Eric Frisbee" <efris@home.com>,
Subject: Re: Alternator Success??
From: "nruff" <nruffcorn@prodigy.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 19:00:58 -0500
Eric-
I had the exact same thing happen to me when we swapped a GM alt into my
fathers 70 1600 (2.8L V-6).  When we first fired it up, that sucker was
getting really warm!  We pulled it off, thinking we had gotten a faulty
unit.  If my memory serves me correctly, it tested fine and we have run it
ever since with cooler results.  I think the alt was having to work really
hard to bring the battery to full charge as it was down some, producing lots
of heat.  No problems since.  Let us know how your doing after cool-off.
You may hook a charger to your battery to bring it all the way up and see
what happens.  Worth a try.

Nruff