Re: E-Bay

To: ",datsun roadsters" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: E-Bay
From: "Thomas Walter" <ra0618@email.sps.mot.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 17:08:06 -0500
Roman,

I like eBay.

The List is NOT FOR BUYING AND SELLING. Vendors are encouraged
to post a monthly special to the list, as that will be of
"general interest to all".

If you do have something for sale, please observe the
"no more than once per month listing". Everyone is really
good about that.

I sold quite a bit of stuff on eBay for the roadster. Had
to get some bills paid off ASAP, so off went the Solex Carbs,
oil pans, and lots of NOS stuff that I had stock piled. I
must admit it was a hard sell, but at least I still have
my '68 2000.  I did post a note to the list that I was
selling off a bunch of NOS parts, most buyers were friends
on the list.   One non-list member sent me a nasty note as
I had overcharged him for shipping. I said shipping would
be $4.40 and it shipped for $3.20.  <grin>

eBay does have it's place. Still like anything, it pays
to be an informed shopper.  Also it is a simple & affective
way of reaching customers, so I am not surprised to see
our vendors advertising their.

Cheers,

Tom Walter
Austin, TX