Frame off project: long

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Frame off project: long
From: R Haug <haugchiro@moscow.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2000 09:12:43 -0700
All,
I just received good news from my brother in law.  My frame and
suspension will be done today with the repainting.  He had one last coat
to apply to the frame.  I will be able to pick up the frame and
suspension pieces on tuesday.  I need to drive 50 minutes away to pick
it up but the price is right.  I pay for materials.  I hadn't realized
how much paint supplies have gone up in 17 years.  2 quarts each of
black and gray with reducer and catalyst, and a gallon of primer with
catalyst, tack rag, tape and 1 gallon of lacquer thinner, $350.
I haven't started on the body yet except for scraping all the
undercoating off and wiping with lacquer thinner.  It is down to bare
metal and pretty clean.  Almost like new metal.  The primer and black
paint left over will work on the body.

I will be able to begin the re-assembly process soon.  This makes me
happy and my wife possibly astonished that this pile of
sheeeet........... metal may begin to resemble a vehicle soon.  :-)

Have a great fathers day.
Bob