My quest for a Roadster

To: "Datsun Roadster" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: My quest for a Roadster
From: "Ken Pletcher" <pletch@home.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2000 21:46:10 -0700
I drove 300 miles today round trip to check out a 69 2000 "Hunk-a-Hunk-a
piece of crap". The guy said it sat covered for the last 15 years but it had
new paint and interior 20 years ago.Body is ok shape (a few dings and
dents),interior is ok (a few minor seat tears and normal dash cracks no
carpet) and it ran when he left it 15 years ago. He said he tried to start
it a few times ever other year but it wouldn't start.

  He didn't tell me until I got there that one of his daughters boyfriend
tried to get it running a few years ago and gave up. The spark plugs were
left out,air filter is off (carbs are full of leaves and debris) no water in
the cooling system at all. NO fluid in the brake system or clutch system.

 Well after the 5 hour round trip the Levi car doesn't seem so bad. How much
was it again?
     Ken
DATSTER