Speedo Gears

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, Beamonk@aol.com
Subject: Speedo Gears
From: jschmi7@us.ibm.com
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 13:40:49 -0500
I have the same sized tires and found a difference of 5mph at 30mph
reading. That comes out to an 8.3% difference.  I then calculated .08x40
mph and 45 mph etc to come up with the real reading on the speedo.  For a
temp fix I printed up a scale showing reading vs difference and put it on
my windshield as a heads up display.

Then I found the real fix in the Nissan comp manual.  Buy a new pinion for
your speedo.  They are different for 4speed vs 5 speed but for that size
tire, go up one size or tooth count.  If you are running an 18 tooth, buy a
19 tooth.  They are available from you favorite Roadster parts house.

John Schmitt    Telecommuter Office # - 847-458-7829
   Internal phonemail only  -  847-240-4725      pager pin#  800-759-8888
pin 8710561