Re: Stock U20 Supercharger

To: CalSpeed@aol.com
Subject: Re: Stock U20 Supercharger
From: Gary McCormick <svgkm@halley.ca.essd.northgrum.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2000 08:43:50 -0700
Short answer is "No".  I doubt that the smog pump delivers enough volume to be
effective
in a forced air induction system, and the connections to the intake, if plumbed
w/o the
gulp valve, would merely lean out the mixture because they are downstream of the
carburetors. Even if the pump delivered sufficient volume, you would have to
replumb the
system to an airbox upstream of the carburetor so that its output would be
pressurizing
the intake.

This suggestion is a classic case of how a little information can be a
dangerous thing...

Gary McCormick
San José, CA