Body to frame connection

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Body to frame connection
From: "Damian Hall" <HALLJD@pictou.nscc.ns.ca>
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2000 13:42:04 -0300
I feel guilty bombarding the list with these seemingly mundane issues but I
have another question. It is regarding the chassis/ body insulation and
mounting procedure.

I need to put the body back onto the chassis. :-)     (I wasn't the one who
removed it :-o)

I carefully checked the Datsun parts book as posted on the web. I can find no
reference there to >a) body/ frame mounts >b) any insulating pads or associated
hardware or >c) the strips of material that go between the frame and the body.

I've also checked various tech notes and found nothing on this subject.

I plan on using @6mm to 7mm thick fibre reinforced rubber belting as the
insulator.

1.  How many pieces are there?

2.  Where are they located on top of the various frame rail sections?

3.  Are there different thicknesses?

4.  The PO supplied several large clips with a welded nut @ 7/16 in thread.
These seem like they may be the body to frame clips. Confirmation?

5. What specific hardware- bolts, washers, insulators, spacers attach the body
mounts to the frame mounts?

I welcome any and all replies

Thanks again for your time

Damian Hall