Re: $25,000 Roadster: Why not?

To: "Mark Dent" <stickerman@home.com>, "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: $25,000 Roadster: Why not?
From: Jim Tyler <toplessdatsun@ga.prestige.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2000 14:57:30 -0400

Mark van der Hoek wrote:

> Jim Tyler wrote:
>

> > Looking at it another way, if the cars continue to be worth
> > less complete than parted out,
>
> ALL cars are worth less complete than parted out.  It's been that way
> since the Model T.

Generally yes,  but if the car has no value, and there is no market,
there is no reason to save the parts and they go in the dumpster.

There is good reason to save an OE door for a 68 Mustang.  Somebody will
buy it at a good price when it is needed.  A door for a 68 roadster, well
I think a few just went in the dumpster.  No demand, -the parts get junked,
end of story.  Everyone loses.

As the availability of good used parts diminishes, only the very best cars
will preserved. The rest will be junked and parted out like I said.

Jim