Re: Wiring questions

To: Mike/Chris Clothier <mclothier@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Wiring questions
From: Mark <captainhoek@postmark.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 06:34:49 -0600

Mike/Chris Clothier wrote:

> Anyone.....
>  Last Summer I replaced all of my carpets in my 1600 daily driver,
> reinstalled the center console and plugged in the wires. Didn't try the
> heater because I did"t need it and besides....I plugged everything back
> right....?? I've checked the connections and fuses, everything seems OK.
> The only two things that don't work is the heater and the brake mystery
> light. What am I not seeing? Is there a ground specificly for those two
> items that I missed?

Mike, did you check with a test light to see if you have juice PAST the
connections?  Sometimes connections (especially old ones) can LOOK good and
tight, but not be making contact.  You want to use a test light with a sharp
point and pierce the power lead just before it goes into the heater body,
or at least past the connector, to see if there's juice.  Oh, and make sure to
hold the wire with your finger or thumb behind it so that when the test light
slips you stick your finger with it!  OUCH!

Of course, you've probably done this already.
--

Mark van der Hoek
Houston, for now

            "They that can give up essential