Re: FW: The price of gas... (fwd)

To: ratdat <ratdat@ukonline.co.uk>
Subject: Re: FW: The price of gas... (fwd)
From: Gary McCormick <svgkm@halley.ca.essd.northgrum.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 14:35:36 -0800
Prices (or the exchange rate) must have gone up since I was the other side of
the pond
last August.  72p/litre for Regular works out to about $4.40/US gallon. I would
just fill
up the rental and hand the cashier a 20£ note and hope for change ...and try
not to dwell
on the fact that that 20£ note cost me $32.

One thing I noticed - the Regular over there is 95 octane, higher than our
Supreme, which
usually runs around 92 octane (do they figure octane differently in the UK -
anyone
know?).

Gary McCormick
San Jose, CA