U20 reliability

To: B Strachan <bstrachan@home.com>
Subject: U20 reliability
From: Paul.Kort@marconimed.com
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 07:15:53 -0500

Barrie,

  I agree with your thoughts on the reliability of the 2000.  I think the
problem is that cars today go 100,000 miles with no maintenance, oil changes at
10,000 miles are okay, spark plugs last 100.000 miles, and tune ups are a thing
of the past.  Too many people forget what cars in the 60's were like.  I think
the U20 motor was ahead of it's time in 1967!  Back then, we were happy to get
50,000 to 60,000 miles out of a car and we expected to have it in for a tune up
every spring and fall.
  All that said, I'm still glad I don't have to worry about the chains in my
1600.

Paul
OROC