Northern California Roadster cache (long)

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Northern California Roadster cache (long)
From: John F Sandhoff <sandhoff@csus.edu>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 23:29:11 -0800 (PST)
I met with a guy last week that is preparing to give up on his
collection of Roadster project cars. He's been collecting cars and
parts over the past dozen years, and has them neatly stacked in a
warehouse. These cars are in various stages of completeness. All
late model (68 and 69). I couldn't do an in-depth inspection (the
pictures will indicate why), but here's a rundown:

1. His driver, not actively for sale but he still may let it go. A
   good looking red, I forget if it's a 68 or 69, was a 1600 but has
   been converted to a 2000. Nice car in nice condition.

2. 1600 in primer. Rollbar, headrests, hardtop (no side windows). Ran
   well when stored :-). Defroster/heater work well. Seems to be a very
   good basis for a restoration.

3. 68 1600, hardtop, bad intrior, bad/missing bumpers, no fuel tank,
   no tail lights, looked to be a pretty clean body though.

4. 69 2000, no drive train. Yellow (was red), nice hardtop, rust in
   front and rear fenders, no rear bumper or tail lights, good tires on
   custom rims. This one will be the first to get parted out if it doesn't
   sell. If it was on the east coast it would be a good starting point,
   but only so-so for what the west coast has to offer.

5. 68 or 69 (unsure) 1600, no drive train, has a 67.5 left fender. Hardtop,
   well buried and I couldn't tell much more.

6. '70 body shell, pretty banged up. Stripped of parts, sitting outside,
   banged rear end, no chrome, no fuel tank, not much future.

View them at http://webpages.csus.edu/~sandhoff/darryl

Notable parts that he has:
Complete 1500 engine and transmission
Limited slip rear end, but not a Roadster ratio (4.something). From a 510?
5 speed transmissions and driveshafts
Seat cores
Carburetor setups (SU only - no solex parts)
Top frames
Doors (one has vent window and pushbutton handle)

He's going to be pulling these cars out and moving them pretty soon, at
which point I can get more detailed pictures and more info if there's
interest.

The guy's name is Darryl, he's in Folsom, CA. (916) 989-3325. Give him a
call and he can tell you more. He wants to find new homes for some of these
cars pretty soon, as he's got other projects he wants to pursue. Darryl
would like to put together package deals and see these cars get back on the
road someday, but if that doesn't happen they'll ultimately be disassembled.

-- John