RE: steering box

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: steering box
From: R Haug <haugchiro@moscow.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 20:03:54 -0800
I am going to take the steering box apart and degrease, then replace the
seals, gaskets, maybe the bearings if needed.  Does anyone have any
words of wisdom before I take it apart.  Any special procedures.  I have
an exploded diagram and it doesn't look to complicated.  Looks like
there are some shims on one end for preload on the bearings.  I think I
have all the parts to do this except for the lower seal at the steering
arm attachment.  I have some assembly lube for cams, should I use
something like this for re-assembly or just use a certain type of gear
lube.  Your help is appreciated.
Bob
Moscow
67.5