Re: Where to put jack stands?

To: Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Where to put jack stands?
From: Todd Osborn <trosborn@california.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 11:34:47 -0800
Place the jack stands under the frame rails behind the front wheels,
there is a gusset joint there just behind where the frame curves up into
the engine compartment.  Using the crossmember puts the stands too close
together and is not stable.  Be careful if you remove the front springs
(not required) during your balljoint repair, they are under a fair
preload -- use a spring compressor.
Todd Osborn
Sam Jose, Ca
2x68 2L