Any takers on the rallye friday and great new video

To: Roadster list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Any takers on the rallye friday and great new video
From: "Les/Dennis @ CDM" <lescan@nctimes.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 22:37:50 -0800
Hello all
I was wondering if there are any adventurous souls out there planning on
being in Julian Ca. this friday morning at 7am to attend the start of
the 2nd annual No Frills Iron Bottom Motoring Tour.(rain or shine) It
looks to be big as I have heard from friend in San Fran that 12 or more
are leaving after partying hard to come down and do the trip but have a
slightly different return planned. Hope any  of you that might be
interested get hold of me soon. if not you will read about it somewhere.

On another note I finally have the video that I have been trying to get
ready for release to you all ready for distribution. It is a must for
Datsun lovers in general. It does contain footage of OTHER datsuns just
so you know up front but the Roadster Content makes it worth the price
none the less. The 2.5-3 hr video contains the following stories.
1)The design and development of the Z-car(which include footage of the
roll-over test using an old Sylvia instead of the Z car) about 14
minutes.
2) the 510 in the East African Safari Rallye (mostly off road but very
cool) about 25 minutes
3)the 240Z in the 20th East African Safari Rallye(mostly off road and
the first 5 minutes deal with other Datsuns that ran the Rallye
including 410-411 the 2000 sedans and first 510s) about25 minutes
4)the 240 Z in the famous Monte Carlo rallye in 1972 this one is mostly
on roads and is quite cool. about 25minutes
5) the 1967.5 2000 Roadster in the 1968 Monte Carlo Rallye. this is some
great footage of the 9th place finisher and is narrated in English(I
think)
6) the 1973 Safari rallye the 21st featuring the 240Zn and the 180B SSS
and about 25 minutes
7)the 1981 Greek Acropolis rallye with the later 160J GT about 25
minutes
8)1983 New Zealand World Rallye Championship features the 240RS with the
potent 280HP FJ-24 and is about 15 minutes in length.
The whole video is quite good and is in english and is released here
exclusively by Classic Datsun and comes courtesy of friends in europe
who have this with permission of Nissan and all of the footage is from
the archives although it deals with rallying mostly it is very
interesting to watch our favorite cars in action.
The Price is $32 including shipping to most locations.
Enjoy
Les

--
Les Cannaday