Re: Wanted: diagnostic

To: "Stephan Sochoux" <sochoux@yahoo.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Wanted: diagnostic
From: "Fred Katz" <fredkatz@2xtreme.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 21:20:35 -0800
Stephan,

You did the right thing tearing down that baby! It's going to feel so much
better after a hot bath.

Don't know what happened, but my guess is a chemical reaction from
overheating that broke down the oil molecules, combined with a mix of
incompatible fluids. I've seen a similar copper color from mixing degreaser
with oil. I think moisture gets to the metal and causes the copper color.

After tearing down my engine and seeing the internals, I got fanatical
about changing oil and keeping it clean.

Fred