RE: What About This Roadster?

To: andrew.murphy@integtech.com, datsun_fairlady@hotmail.com
Subject: RE: What About This Roadster?
From: "Dan Zubkoff" <datsun65@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 00:33:33 PST
Well....I'd tend to disagree. I don't know the car, but finding a $4,400
dollar spl311 is not like finding a lost diamond.

If the car is in really terrific shape then $4,400 is in the right ballpark.
$4,400 is still towards the top-end of the average condition SPL311's. But
remember......spend a few thousand more and maybe get yourself an incredible
car (like Harry Homers SRL).

Don't trust the ad for face value. Many of the cars that I've looked at in
the past boasted of great running mechanicals & nice paint. To many people
that means: an Earl Schieb paint job with lots of bondo in the fenders & the
engine turns over but hasn't been run in 5+ years. You then can easily spend
1,000's in "refreshing" a sitting car: cleaning out the gas tank, replacing
the hyrolics (Masters/hoses/wheel cylinders), re-core the radiator, etc.
etc.

Check out the car... it may be really incredible. Best of Luck. The
condition of the car will really help determine whether the price is worth
it.

Dan Zubkoff
San Mateo, CA
1966 SPL311