5 speed tranny

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: 5 speed tranny
From: Mike Poorboy <bitterrootprop@nidlink.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2000 14:07:22 -0800
List,
I am trying to open up my 5 speed to check the gear ratio. I was told
it was an ultra close ratio transmission. I want to verify the teeth on
first
and second gear.

What is the easiest way to get the center section out of the housing.
The tail housing is currently off and I have also removed the
bellhousing
and C clip on the main shaft. I just can't seem to find a easy way to
take
a look at the main gears.

I am selling this transmission and I want to be positive it is what I
say
it is. I can take a picture of the current state it is in if that will
help. thanks to
the digital camera

TIA
Mike