Re: "PETROL" usage, anyone have a Whitworth tap & die?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: "PETROL" usage, anyone have a Whitworth tap & die?
From: Bamandpeb@aol.com
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 01:15:29 EST
Laurie:

I believe that those sports car owners that cut their teeth on old British
sports cars in their youth ( 4 TR-3's, 1 TR-4), are the owners that have the
greatest appreciation of the Datsun's, especially the Roadster. Driving a
"cool car" that had a top that snapped onto the windshield, side-curtains for
windows, and could loose an entire load of brake fluid in one trip across
town helped you realize how good the Roadster really was/is. And when you
worked on the 60's British cars, (TR, MGB, JAG) and saw the technology that
was developed in the early 50's, (can you say suspension, I knew that you
could), then the Datsun was a leap forward. For those of us lucky enough to
have owner British cars and lived to tell about it, long live Datsun/Nissan.
However, on the plus side, the British auto industry can restore the worst
rusted out piles of complete junk better than anyone else in the world.

Dan & Susan
8 2000, 1 1600, 2 240-Z's

<< I received the following in my mail box after I used the word "petrol" in
 recent post:

 " >Out chasing down the petrol truck
 snip
 >Chandler, AZ

 Okay, that does it.  No matter how cutsie you think it is, in this
 country, we call it GAS, FUEL, or even "GO-JUICE"  Petrol is for
 those pansies on the other side of the pond ;-)

 small lol at my own clever-ness"
 (end of msg)
 *********

 To the individual who shall remain nameless for now - Why don't you go poke
 your thumbs is your suspenders, and plant your fanny in your faded yellow
 Camaro (you know, the one with the primered door, the chrome lady mud flaps,
 the leaking air-shocks, the broken drivers side rear spring, that warped
rear
 deck with the gaping holes cut with a steak knife for the speakers that got
 stolen along with the Kraco stereo and collection of Twisted Sister
 cassettes, 2 dozen green stinky trees hanging from the vent knob, <deep
 breath> and the "really bitchin' " snorkel scoop)  and go get yourself some
 "fish & french fries".

 I relinquish my soap box.

 Laurie:-)
 (and if you've read this far, YES, I did take exception to that remark!!!)>>