RE: Re: double locking hood

To: Datsun list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Re: double locking hood
From: Susan and Mark Miller <marknsuz@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 21:45:11 -0800
The problem with having dual hood latches is that they are typically
both installed in the car at the same time, and so will tend to age the
same and fail together.

I bought my wife a 1961 Nash mini Metro a couple of years ago (hey, it
gave the Datsun something to laugh at) and had both latches on the rear
hinged hood fail on the freeway one afternoon.  My, but that really
wasn't much fun.

It is good to own a British built automobile every now and then to
appreciate the way the Datsun is over designed in many ways.  I'd sworn
never to do it again after my MG midget but weakened.  Ah well.

Mark Miller
69 RHD fairlady 2000