RE: horn problem

To: list roadster <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: horn problem
From: Dan Neff <neffster189@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 08:35:15 -0800 (PST)
Sat, 22 Jan 2000 "Alan Vedadi"
<datsun_spl311@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I purchase my first datsun roadster on Jan 18, 2000.

Congrats!! Where are you located?

>... and bucket seats which are bear to get in or out.

Are you giving away your age?? ;)
I told my sons my ('our') Roadster was MINE until i
couldn't get in/out of it any more (6'2",
40-something). They're drooling..

>ONE OF MANY PROBLEMS:
>Horn doesn't work. ... I have checked the fuse, horn
>button, and wires for continuity and they are ok. I
>am only left w/ horn relay and horns, I think! Am I
>missing something else? Are there any fast & easy way
>to check them out?

If you're lazy like me, go get a $13 generic horn
relay (I got one at Napa). Or you can take the relay
cover off and SEE if it works when the horn is
pressed.
I might add that I also had an intermittent battle
with the horn switching - notably the copper(brass?)
'arm' that rotates with the steering wheel.. took a
couple of iterations to work (when I wanted it to!) in
all steering wheel positions.. Mostly had to clean up
PO's dried WD40 with TV tuner cleaner/lube. works
great now!

dan