Re: Recovered 67.5 1600 in SF

To: agarrettsmith@hotmail.com, haugchiro@moscow.com,
Subject: Re: Recovered 67.5 1600 in SF
From: CalSpeed@aol.com
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 16:20:01 EST
agarrettsmith@hotmail.com writes:

<< How useful is the "club" as a theft deterrent on a roadster? >>

I think that they are great!  Yes, we have all seen the club destroyed and
removed within 2 minutes by these professional thieves.  Unfortunately we
dont have that type of problem.  The pros dont want our cars but the
joyriders do.  Usually joyriders dont carry elaborate tools in thier pockets.
If they wanted your car they just had to remove the steering wheel with a
socket wrench and replace the wheel with another one.  Or maybe just use a
pair of vise grips?

Michael "Calspeed" Carion