oil filters

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: oil filters
From: "Victor Laury" <vlaury@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2000 14:34:26 -0800
I'm sure I'm being lazy and I could find this info on listquest but,

After my head gasket work, I put on an original Datsun filter I had in my
parts box. It looks sweet but, I didn't have my internal anti-drain-back
pipe in place (PO must have lost it) So, on start up, I have to wait an
unacceptable time for oil pressure.

I guess the best solution is to go back to using a modern oil filter that
has it's own anti-drainback feature.

Can you all tell me what Y'all think for best choice (brand, model#)?

Or, is it still advisable to replace the tube?

Thanks in advance.

Victor
70 SRL31113136
Los Angeles