Re: '70 4Speed

To: ERW <erwilsey@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: '70 4Speed
From: Gary McCormick <svgkm@halley.ca.essd.northgrum.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 10:15:25 -0700
"Double-clutching" refers to the technique of shifting to neutral, then to the
next gear,
de-clutching (as the Brits would say) each time, making a gearchange into a
two-step
process, rather than one step (from gear to gear). Someone with a better
understanding of
the internal workings of a manual transmission will be able to explain exactly
why this is
a good thing .

Gary McCormick
San Jose, CA