Roadster Sighting

Subject: Roadster Sighting
From: "Arlo J. Levisen" <alevisen@gdhscats.org>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 20:35:24 +0300
Fellow Listers:

How is this for a roadster sighting?  Last Saturday, July 10th, 1999,
Matt Peterson of Zimmerman, Minnesota, (north of the Twin Cities) drove
his Datsun 1600 roadster to Willmar, Minnesota.  My wife and I then
drove one of our Datsun 1500 roadsters from Revillo, South Dakota, to
Willmar - and we had what I would call an historic meeting!  The only
live 1500 in South Dakota meets one of the exceedingly few live 1600s in
Minnesota!  What a deal!!

>From Matt's perspective - this was the very first 1500 he had ever seen
in his life.  From our perspective, his is the first running 1600 we
have ever seen.  (We have seen 3 wrecked ones).  We still have yet to
even see a 2000 - in any condition!  We have even spent the last two
winter Christmas breaks in California - but you wimps out there
apparently don't drive your 2000's in December!  This year we are going
to go to Louisiana and see what they drive in the "winter".

I will also add my 2 cents on the top issue.  We drive our roadsters
from the 1st of April until sometime into November and use only tonneau
covers.  I can't think of anything more pointless than a hardtop for a
roadster - and the soft tops should only be used when it is raining or
snowing on you head.  As well, if you live a normal lifespan, there are
going to be too many years as it is when you will spend time in a closed
car.  And then, guess what the last ride is in!  So, live a little!!

Later,

Arlo Levisen
Revillo, South Dakota

Arlo