Re: webers

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: webers
From: Gordon Glasgow <glasgow@serv.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 1999 20:33:32 -0700
According to people I have talked to who have experience with both Webers and
Solexes, they seem to prefer the Solexes. Of course, you will find fans on
either
side.

A major issue is usually that there is a bigger knowledge base about Solexes on
2000 than there is about Webers. If you have access to a good Weber tuner,
that's
a real plus.

One minor issue with fitting the Webers is that the throttle shafts rotate the
opposite way from Solexes, so you have to fabricate new throttle linkage.

As to the size, Marc Sayer has made some very interesting points about venturi
size versus bore size. I don't know of anyone who has tested these theories on a
2000, but they seem reasonable. Again, the lack of available experience is a
problem.

>From my own experience with running Solexes on the street with a mild cam, it
seems like there is usually a bogging problem when going to heavy throttle below
3000 rpm, but that could have been just mis-tuning. Above 3000, however, they
were great.

--
Gordon Glasgow
Renton, WA