R16 troubles

To: "'Datsun'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: R16 troubles
From: "Lahtinen, Marko" <MARKOL@isr.gov.au>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 10:20:10 +1000
Hi All

I have had the alloy head on my R16 reconditioned in a good shop and put it
back in my car.  I have both followed the head gasket tech tip posted to the
list sometime ago as well as had lots of help from a mechanic who is a
roadster owner.  The radiator has been cleaned out, the thermostat is new,
and so on.  I think we have covered most of the obvious stuff.

The rub is that inspite of all the care possible, I still get air going into
the radiator - the coolant/antifreeze froths up as the car warms up to
operating tempreature and the car eventually overheats.  Rebuilding a
recently acquired spare block is looking better all the time, in spite of
the cost.

So, does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in anticipation

Marko