Re: "Can I please keep it.....?"

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: "Can I please keep it.....?"
From: pkort@cis.picker.com
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 07:17:52 -0500

<< I want to keep it, but alas my wife is not too happy with the decision.
She would rather we trade it for something practical and with 2 little
girls
now it might be wise.

  I have to agree with Michael.  Prior to owning my 1969 1600, we had a
beautiful 1972 Opel GT for 7 years.  My wife just looked at it as another
car and never attended any shows or drives I went on.   Her only comment
when I bought the 1600 was that the Opel had to go; only one toy at a time.
Shortly after that, I had the pleasure of meeting Chris & Diane Luers, the
founders of Ohio Roadster Owners Club ( OROC ).   I took my wife to the
first OROC gathering, a picnic at Marysville Airport, in the spring of
1998, and now she is hooked!  The people we met were the difference.  It
was a family event, as are all of OROC functions.  My biggest shock was
when my wife said she might like to learn to drive a stick shift because it
looked like fun ( and several women took their cars down the runway that
day ).
  Well, my wife has still not learned how to drive a stick shift, but she
does look forward to OROC events.  If I wanted to sell the Datsun, she
would probably argue to keep it!
  May be the Landcrusier should go for some thing more practical for the
four of you, and keep the roadster for an occasional moon lite ride with
your wife!

Best of luck,

Paul & Kathy
OROC