"Can I please keep it.....?"

To: jfw@commercemarket.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: "Can I please keep it.....?"
From: CalSpeed@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 01:30:15 EST
In a message dated 23-03-99 0:58:29 AM EST, jfw@commercemarket.com writes:

<< I want to keep it, but alas my wife is not too happy with the decision.
She would rather we trade it for something practical and with 2 little girls
now it might be wise.

HEllo,

I understand.  Most of us on the Roadster list have wifes (and husbands...
;>) )too.  Mine was alittle apprehensive too at first.  To her it was a rusty
old car that didn't start the first time she saw it.  But over the next 6
months it took shape and I gave her her first ride.  I know it isn't practical
but most things that are fun arn't either.

I think what hooked my wife into the Roadster web was that I took her to her
first Roadster Meet.  There were many nice cars.  But even better, there were
twice as many wonderful people.  She realized that it wasn't just a Datsun
Roadster thing but a family of owners.  And when I say family I truely mean
family.

>From my experience with other car "marque" clubs, I have found that the
current family of Roadster Owners is absolutly the best.  Rarely will you find
a stuffed shirt among us.  Well, except for those 67.5 2000 Owners.  I dont
know about those guys.  ;>)

Stick with the car for a bit and see if it grows on the bride.  I'm pretty
sure that soon she will except it.  BTW... we can be your support group.

Michael Carion
67.5 SRL000248 Solex
San Francisco, Ca