New MSD ignition!!

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: New MSD ignition!!
From: JeffnAly@aol.com
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 23:16:48 EST
Hi All,

Well, the consensus is that the MSD systems make a performance difference, as
others may just help with regularity of timing and decrease maintenance.  I
went by my local part store (Baxter's) and they had the 6A on sale $140, so I
couldn't pass it up.
It took about 20 minutes to install.  The car started and idled from stone
cold without choke and throttle to encourage it as needed in the past.  Also,
the idle is much smoother.  I use to get a cough like misfire at 2200 RPM when
revving without load or just cruising.  This seems to be gone.  The true test
will be taking it out for a real testing, but a storm just rolled in and I
don't feel like running it in the rain tonight.

Next, I plan on getting a new distributor so I know the centrifugal weights
are working right.

thanks,

Jeff SRL#486