S2000 info

To: Fairlady <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: S2000 info
From: "Taylor Hutt" <thutt@inprise.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 10:38:30 -0800
Since my 91 Honda Civic failed inexplicably two weeks ago and
now I want to toss it away like a hot potato, I went
car shopping on Sunday.

At the Honda dealer I got a bit of info on the S2000.

1) they come out in July.
2) they are going to be $27-30K
3) dealers are probably only going to get 1 initially.
4) expect $1K-$10K dealer markups
5) expect no deals before 2001

So, that's not something I willing to pay or wait for.

But, Honda _has_ brought back the Civic Si!

It's brand new (3 weeks old) and is quite fabulous for a Civic!
Leather interior, 6 speaker stereo, AC, 5 speed, CD player, and
most importantly:
  160HP VTEC engine - at 1595cc!
  111 ft/lb of torque.
  Redline is 9K RPM!
  weight is 2600 pounds.

It's only availble in the Civic Coupe, but it looks gorgeous!
(Personally, I'd prefer the hatchback)

Impressive, but expect no deals on this car either.  MSRP: $17.9K.

By way of comparison, the new 1999 BMW 328 produces 190HP
& 206 ft/lb -- for nearly double the engine size.
It's weight is 3197 pounds.

Hmmm... I'd like to see which car is more nimble.....