Visit to Classic Datsun Motorsports

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Visit to Classic Datsun Motorsports
From: PMetz1@aol.com
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 1999 00:34:45 EST
        For most of us, the Roadster dealers are faceless people we buy our
parts
from.  I had the pleasure of stopping by Les Cannaday's shop on Friday about
6:30 PM.  It was late, well past quitting time and Les and Dennis were busy
trying to get their cars ready for the SCCA run the next morning.  Despite the
time, Les was a gracious host and let me crawl and drool over his many
Roadsters and ask questions until I felt embarrassed to keep him any later.
The point I want to make is that Les is not your average business man.  He is
a craftsman who takes a genuine interest in our cars and seeing that we have
the information to keep these machines on the road.   He was generous to a
fault with his valuable time and gave me a new respect for him and his
company.  Thanks for the visit, Les.

Paul Metz
68 2000