WaterPump stuff

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: WaterPump stuff
From: dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 1999 12:47:29 -0800
Hello All,
        Well I finally installed my new water pump today.  I have a question
for you though.  WHen I took off the old pump some water came out of the
engine block.  And then when I jacked up the back end to replace my shocks
more water came out.  Is this bad??  I am afraid that when I start the
engine there will not be enough water in the engine to mediate the temp
rise.  As in local hot spots and things warping?? Should I add more water
to the inlet on the pump before I hook up the radiator and stuff??

        Thanks,
                        Daniel 69 2000